Monday, October 3, 2011

TypoObject


Day 1 - Sketch
Day 2

Day 4

Day 3

Final Project











In the TypoOBJECT project, we were to continue to use Adobe Illustrator CS3 to create a composition exploring typography. In this particular project, we were to use the envelope distort option to create an object of our choice via the pen and type tool. As with other, projects, our document was to be 8.5 x 11 inches and we could only use one font. But in this project we weren't allowed the use of color, instead we had to experiment with the opacity of different aspects of our projects.
Each part of the object we chose had to be made using the object's name or the name of its different parts. For my project I chose to do a phone, specifically my own phone. I made sure to include the many details such as the keypad, speaker, and other various buttons. The repetition of the various words create the illusion of a solid object, when in fact, its multiple words formed in a shape. By changing the opacity of the different layers, I created contrast and changed the value of the different parts. I was sure to make the different parts of the phone, such as the screen and buttons proportional to stay true to my sketch as well as the actual object. My final project does represent my sketch in that they’re both at the same angle and that my project includes all the details seen in my sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment