Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Art Show




Day 2
Day 3


Day 4
Day 5 - Final Product


This project is different from ones we've done so far, this one we had almost complete freedom over in terms of what we could do. We were to create our pieces using either Adobe Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Illustrator. In this project we were to combine the skills used in previous projects to create a cohesive piece.
For my final project I decided to do a form of a collage, using different elements that represented me. It is a scene with a lotus flower being viewed through a camera. Using different animal print, I manipulated the patterns to make it look as if they were on the petals of the flower themselves instead of just ontop. I did the same thing with the Filipino flag on one of the leaves. In the background you can see a few objects integrated with the leaves. By changing the value or opacitiy of certain things, like the patterns, I tried to make everything more cohesive and as though the objects I added in were actually part of the scene captured by the camera. With the lighting in the picture, the main focus was the lotus blossom. To give it more emphasis, I decided that that was where I'd try to add in more details. My final product does accurately represent my sketch in that I was able to recreate many aspects of it, such as the scene being within the camera screen and having the flower be the main focus. There were more details in my final product however.

No comments:

Post a Comment