Wednesday, January 18, 2012

mySelf


Day 1 - Sketch

Day 2
Day 3
Day 5 - Final Design

Day 4


In this project we were to create a self illustration using different objects that reflect our interests and personality. Just as with the previous self illustration project, we were to work in Adobe Illustrator CS3. My design included me with curly hair; vines, a strand of rosary beads, as well as makeup brushes serving as different strands of hair. The nail polish brush and different bands of color are straps of a top. My nose is made up of feathers and my mouth is a cupcake. The eyes feature one with a pokeball, the other with  the sign of Gemini,  Sneasel feathers for eyelashes, and penguin footprints for eyebrows. By making the different facial features proportional in size I hoped to make it more realistic. Using gradients allowed me to create a three dimensional effect. The variety of colors used are from my love of color and lines were used to create the different objects. My final product resembles my sketch. Only a few details were changed such as the placement of vines, the use of the feathers as the left shoulder straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment