Tuesday, February 14, 2012

OH Scape


Sketch
Day 2

Day 1


Day 3
Day 4
Final Design


In this project we were to recreate an area within the school using our sketches as our only references. We took two class periods to sketch out the area of our choosing, getting as much details as we could. From there we were to recreate the scenes in Adobe Illustrator CS3. I chose to do an area that led into one of the courtyards. This spot was around the stairway right before you entire the business hall. With the repeating lines, I was able to create a brick pattern that created one of my walls and part of the other. The Extrude and Bevel effect was used to create different support beams and the Revolve effect helped create the smaller details on the door. Gradients also helped create a more realistic effect in the window and part of the wall. Almost each aspect of my project contains a texture similar to the real thing. The different brush strokes helped to create texture and add to the realism as well. Using a variety of beige shades I tried to mimic the actual colors of the floor, doors, and wall. Staying true to the area, I added little dents and scuff marks to the door as well as the window using lines and playing around with their transparencies. My final product is an accurate representation of my sketch in that I was able to recreate almost all the details I drew in, especially in the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment