Tuesday, December 6, 2011

myLAMP



Sketch
Day 1
Day 2 - Final Design

For the myLAMP project we were to create a three dimensional lamp of our own design using the 3D Revolve effect in Adobe Illustrator. We had to create our own unique design for our lamps, something people may have never seen before. My final design was a bird cage, the light bulb being suspended by wires to look like a bird on a perch. I used different lines and art mapped them to the different sections of the cage to create the bars. Instead of making the whole cage shape at once, I found that I had to make the top part separately in order to have the bars properly aligned. Overall, my final design does accurately represent my sketch. The only real difference is the light bulb, at first it was just floating there in my sketch then I added the perch.

No comments:

Post a Comment