Thursday, March 22, 2012

Web design: Home page


Sketch - Portrait
Sketch - Landscape
Day 3
Final Design
Final Design:  Edited

For our Web Design project were to use Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Dreamweaver to create webpages. In this part of the project, we focused on creating a static web page. We had to come up with a subject that our websites were going to be about as well a concept for to portray it. Things such as color and font choices were important to take into consideration. Different colors represented different things. A variety of colors and fonts could confuse people and make a page cluttered. My website is a personal one to display my different artwork, makeup looks, and even cooking/baking dishes. Since my nickname is Penguin, I decided to have an igloo on my home page. The igloo was made using the 3D Revolve tool in a light ice blue color. I made the different lines in a brick pattern then Art Mapped it onto the basic igloo shape. On the blocks of "ice" that made the entrance to the igloo had the different links on the blog. The entrance itself was made using the Extrude and Bevel tool. The bright purple door brought attention to the center of the page since it contrasted with the icy blues and gays. The sign on the door had the name of my website, Penguin Paradise, and had a quick bit on what my website was about. There is unity in the piece because I kept the winter/snowy theme constant. My final design accurately represents my sketch in that it included many of the details that I drew in, such as the sign on the door and the bricks. The words on the sign were the only unstable thing since I couldn't make up my mind on what it should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment